Ivy shows how a fascination with cultural margins accompanied the emergence of Japan as a modern nation-state. This fascination culminated in the early twentieth-century establishment of Japanese folklore studies and its attempts to record the spectral, sometimes violent, narratives of those margins.
Discourse, Figure (Cultural Critique Books)
She then traces the obsession with the vanishing through a range of contemporary reconfigurations: efforts by remote communities to promote themselves as nostalgic sites of authenticity, storytelling practices as signs of premodern presence, mass travel campaigns, recallings of the dead by blind mediums, and itinerant, kabuki-inspired populist theater. Table of Contents.
Chicago Blog : History. Events in History.
Sign Up. Author: Matthew Ian Ayars.
In The Shape of Hebrew Poetry , Matthew Ayars explores foregrounding and structural cohesion as the dual discourse function of linguistic parallelism in biblical Hebrew poetry through a robust application of Russian Formalist Roman Jakobson's conceptulisation of linguistic parallelism to the Egpytian Hallel Psalm — Other hebraists and biblical Hebrew poetry specialists have long noted the importance of Jakobson's theory of parallelism for poetic texts of the Hebrew Bible, however, Ayars is the first to offer an application of Jakobsonian-based analysis to a poetic corpus of the Hebrew Bible.
More Options Prices excl.
- The Soviet Union: Party and Society (Third World Council for Soviet and East European Studies)?
- Computer-Based Medical Consultations: Mycin.
- Discourse, Figure (Cultural Critique Books)!
- Travel as a Political Act.
- Exploring the Discourse Function of Linguistic Parallelism in the Egyptian Hallel.
Add to Cart. View PDF Flyer.
Discourse, Figure - Jean-François Lyotard - Google книги
Contents About. If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!
- VALIS (VALIS, Book 1).
- The Facility Management Handbook.
- Risk Assessment of Prenatally-Induced Adverse Health Effects?
- Discourses of the Vanishing;
- Terry Eagleton reviews ‘Mikhail Bakhtin’ by Graham Pechey · LRB 21 June !
Discourse, Figure Cultural Critique Books. Jean-Francois Lyotard. Publisher: University of Minnesota Press ,